The sun is shining (I hope it is wherever you are too), birds are singing, flowers are blossoming AND it’s Friday! Shall we all do a little happy dance?
I have been feeling particularly floaty in blogland as the beautiful Luciane from Home Bunch has given me this most fabulous Stylish Blogger Award! I am stoked and honoured, thank you very much, lovely Luciane! *hugs*
I came across Luciane’s blog, Home Bunch, a couple of months ago and was instantly hooked. She researches far and wide to show us incredible spaces along with her witty and entertaining commentary.
From the kind of quirky that makes you raise an eyebrow…
to the charming and adorable that makes you smile…
to the decadence that makes you go oooh…
to the utterly sublime that leaves you lost for words.
So check out Home Bunch if you haven’t already!
This award carries with it the obligation to reveal 7 things about oneself. I happen to be a private person (really) so this is a big deal for me, like baring naked to you all… ok, here goes.
- I am not a morning person, so I am incredibly lucky to have a husband who wakes me up with a lovely cup of tea everyday. He spoils me and I love it! 🙂
- I don’t watch reality TV shows.
- I have 3 main bugbears when it comes to interiors (this is not a rant, just letting you into my little head!):
(a) Curtains dangling in the middle of nowhere – I advocate floor length curtains as far as possible, but if they have to be short, then the drop should be at the window sill (in my opinion).
(b) TVs in living rooms that are mounted too high – why anyone would willingly want to look upwards to watch TV is beyond me (there will be neckache after watching Lord of the Rings in that position). I wonder, do these people willingly sit on the front row in the cinema?
(c) A sofa positioned in front of a radiator – that radiator is doing as much good as not being there at all!
- I value comfort and practicality above all else. Therefore I don’t buy shoes higher than 10cm no matter how pretty. My usual criterion is 9cm, but if they are really pretty, then I’ll stretch to 10cm.
- I don’t like clothes-shopping on the high street, especially during sales when people seem to lose their marbles. Online shopping was invented for people like me, I think.
- I am a big dreamer. Not like world domination or big riches (though I wouldn’t say no), but more like having the opportunity to try my hand at different things (I do have to keep reminding myself that there is no such thing as a master of all trades!), exploring different experiences and having a happy existence doing fun things. My super-wonderful, supportive and encouraging husband fuels my dreams. There are little seedlings of ideas germinating in my head for new ventures and I hope you will continue to be here so I can share my journey with you lovely people!
- My best ideas seem to come to me in the shower (does this happen to anyone else?). But often, so many ideas flit around in my head that by the time I am back in the dry, I can’t remember half of them. So I’m thinking there is a gap in the market for a waterproof writing pad. You get shower radios now, so this can’t be too hard. Would there be any takers for this invention (besides myself)?
And finally, I get to award 10 recently discovered stylish blogs. This idea is great for the blog-discovery process as there are some fabulously stylish bloggers out there that I think everyone should know about! So without further ado, I am passing this award to the following stylish bloggers that constantly inspire me (in alphabetical order, no bias!):
- A Chi Chi Affair
- Design Chic
- elle oh
- hello lovely inc.
- La Maison Boheme
- Modern Country Style
- Solid Frog
- Splendid Willow
- Swoon Worthy
Check out these gorgeous blogs, have a great Friday and a fun weekend, my lovelies!